So you’re probably reading this blog post with a few thoughts on your mind. Just how necessary is hiring an interior designer when you could totally attempt to take that project on all alone? Hiring an interior designer can seem like quite the intimidating task. So why bother, right? Well, let’s stop and think about this one. Everyone wants to live or work in an environment that encapsulates their personality and style while also still showcasing a beautiful and functional space. Who better to help you accomplish that than someone who has been specifically trained to do so??? For example, Nicole Elizabeth INTRS specifically looks to help clients create dynamic experiences that transport people out of the everyday into captivating environments. If you need some more convincing, here are just a few of the reasons that hiring an interior designer can help you take your project to the next level and be one of the best decisions you could make.
- Saving Money: Yes, I’m serious on this one. Believe it or not, hiring an interior designer for a project can save you lots of time and money in the long run. While it may seem contradictory that you’re paying for their service, an interior designer can help you avoid costly mistakes that would have to be redone. You don’t have to worry about choosing the wrong paint color or buying furniture that is too big for the space as a designer will have that all worked out beforehand. Additionally, designers know how to work with a budget. They are trained to get you the quality for your money and can do it efficiently.
- Saving Time: How many of you have started a project thinking “Oh, no big deal. I’ll be done with this in a week or two, easy.” And then those two weeks quickly turn into two months… Just like they know how to work within a budget, designers know how to complete a project within a certain timeframe. A good interior designer will know exactly WHAT needs to be done and WHEN. They also will know how to anticipate obstacles and act accordingly to overcome those challenges if they arise. So definitely consider hiring an interior designer if you have a busy schedule that doesn’t allow you to invest the time and energy needed to complete a fantastic project.
- Professional Design Appeal: HGTV can provide some great design ideas, but let’s face it. It never comes out quite right when we try to recreate the style on our own. As we’ve mentioned in our past blog post “Designer vs. Decorator”, an interior designer goes to school for years in order to learn how to blend function, safety, and aesthetics into a livable space.
- Network of Resources: Another added benefit of working with a designer is that you automatically get connected to a network of resources you may not have access to otherwise. This become a two-in-one bonus, as an interior designer will also be able to create a professional bridge between you and architects and contractors during the early stages of a project. Designers regularly work with architects, contractors, plumbers, and various others in order to create the best spaces possible, and they know how to work with these individuals to guarantee the best results. In addition to these professional resources, designers also will have added access to resources that are not typically provided to the public. This could include anything from various specialty home good products to exclusive fabrics they can use to spruce up a space.
- WOW Factor: Now I’ve seen this “WOW Factor” mentioned multiple places, and I’m going to mention it here again because IT IS IMPORTANT. An interior designer is good at what they do, as they are specifically trained to think differently when it comes to creating a beautiful and functional space. They can see the overall picture clearly when it might be difficult for their clients to do the same. While it is always a designer’s job to listen to the client and understand what the client wants and needs, they will ultimately bring life to completed project so it becomes a reflection of the client’s taste.
So now that you have all of these great reasons on the benefits of hiring an interior designer for you next project, maybe there will be less uncertainty heading into the future. If you are working on a project or thinking about starting one and need help, Let's Talk! We're always happy to help.